- All users agree to comply with and observe all applicable laws, regulations and directives including without limitation the laws of the Republic of Singapore in connection with users’ access to, and use of, the Web Site (as defined by the domain name www.thehourglass.com).
- All users shall also be solely responsible for the set-up, configuration or compatibility of users’ hardware, equipment and software for access to the Web Site and users shall provide at users’ own expense all facilities or resources necessary for such proper access. Without prejudice to the foregoing, users shall not create any circumstances whereby other users are affected in their access to, and use of, the Web Site.
- All users agree not to use the Web Site to send, post, promote or transmit on any place on the Web Site, any message or material that is unlawful, harassing, libelous, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, hateful, vulgar, obscene, profane, threatening, racially or ethnically offensive or otherwise as determined by The Hour Glass in its sole discretion to be objectionable. In this regard, please note that any material that (a) depicts nudity or genitalia in a manner calculated to titillate; (b) promotes sexual violence or sexual activity involving coercion or non-consent of any kind; (c) depicts a person or persons clearly engaged in explicit sexual activity; (d) depicts a person who is, or appears to be, under 16 years of age in sexual activity, in a sexually provocative manner or in any other offensive manner; (e) advocates homosexuality or lesbianism, or depicts or promotes incest, paedophelia, bestiality and necrophilia; (f) depicts detailed or relished acts of extreme violence or cruelty; or (g) glorifies, incites or endorses ethnic, racial or religious hatred, strife or intolerance is prohibited. The Hour Glass reserves the right to delete any such material from the Web Site.
- Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, users are prohibited from any of the following actions while using the Web Site: (a) posting any unlawful, libelous, threatening, abusive, disruptive, or obscene material or message in violation of the rights of any person or which constitute a criminal offense, or otherwise violate any local, state, national, or international law; (b) uploading or reproducing any information protected by any intellectual property right without obtaining permission of the relevant intellectual property right owner. Only public domain files, and files which the relevant intellectual property right owner has given users express consent to copy and redistribute online or otherwise, may be uploaded to the Web Site, including any software files or libraries; (c) uploading files containing computer viruses or other disruptive programs; (d) engaging in abusive behaviour while in chat rooms. Such abusive behaviour includes but is not limited to obscene, racist, and other offensive language, harassment of other members, or purposefully disrupting the Web Site through means such as scrolling and impersonating another member; (e) acquiring or attempting to acquire passwords, financial or personal information from members; (f) using an obscene or offensive handle or name; (g) engaging in actions designed to disrupt a chat or otherwise reduce other members’ enjoyment of the Web Site; or (h) violating any terms, rules or policies which are posted or otherwise made available or communicated to users in any manner.
- All users are also prohibited from using the Web Site for (a) the furtherance of games and lotteries unless licensed under applicable laws; (b) horse racing analysis, commentaries or tips for the purposes of gambling; (c) advertising or promoting astrology, geomancy, palmistry or fortune telling devices; (d) prostitution or other immoral activities; (e) professional advice or specialist consultancy services where such services are offered by persons with qualifications recognised by the relevant professional bodies in the relevant jurisdiction; or (f) broadcasting films, video or sound recordings unless approved by the relevant authorities or government bodies. All users shall also not use the Web Site to propagate, promote or discuss political or religious issues which may incite political or racial disharmony.
- All contents of the Web Site including, but not limited to the text, graphics, links and sounds are the copyright of The Hour Glass or its licensors. Although The Hour Glass authorises users to view and access the contents of the Web Site solely for users personal and non-commercial use, users may not otherwise copy, download, distribute, display, perform, adapt, modify, publish, create derivative works from, decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise deal with in any way all or any of the contents of the Web Site without the prior written consent of The Hour Glass.
- Where expressly provided for by The Hour Glass on the Web Site, some contents on this Web Site are available for download by users (the “Downloadable Content”). The Hour Glass hereby grants users a non-exclusive, limited, non-transferable, royalty-free right to download the Downloadable Content for users’ personal and non-commercial use only. All users shall not sub-license, distribute, adapt, modify, create derivative works from, decompile, reverse engineer the Downloadable Content without the prior written consent of The Hour Glass.
- All marks, names and logos (whether registered or unregistered are trade marks, service marks and intellectual property rights held by The Hour Glass and/or companies within the The Hour Glass group. Other product, trade and/ or company names mentioned in this Web Site may be the trademark of their respective owners. No permission or licence is granted to use any such trade mark, service mark or intellectual property right without the prior written consent of The Hour Glass, companies within The Hour Glass group or its legal representatives (as the case may be).
- For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions of Use, “Products” shall mean any and all goods and services advertised and/or promoted by The Hour Glass or any third party on the Web Site, in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Features and specifications of Products advertised, provided and/or made available on the Web Site are subject to change at any time without notice.
- Nothing on the Web Site shall imply, represent or warrant that such Products are or will be available at the various The Hour Glass authorised locality.
- The possession, distribution, circulation, importation or other dealing with such Products that are available on the Web Site may be subjected to the laws and regulations of some countries and jurisdictions. It is users’ responsibility to ensure that any such dealings with such Products is in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations of the relevant countries and jurisdictions, including such licensing, intellectual property, taxation, revenue, customs, import and export control laws of such relevant countries and jurisdictions, and to observe all such laws and regulations.
- The Hour Glass does not guarantee or represent terms and conditions of any kind on the products advertised or the content available in the website.
- The Hour Glass does not guarantee or represent terms and conditions of any operations in the website or the materials and information contained herewith.
- The Hour Glass accepts no liability and will not be liable for many loss or damage arising directly or indirectly from the use of the web site.
- The users of the website agree to hold The Hour Glass harmless at all times against all actions, proceedings, costs, claims, expenses, and damages including without limitation claims made by third parties for defamation, infringement of intellectual property rights, death, bodily injury, wrongful use of computers, property damages.
- Please note that any software downloaded from the Web Site (including the Downloadable Content) is at Users’ own risk and The Hour Glass neither assumes nor accepts liability for any loss or damage, (whether direct or indirect), howsoever caused, as a result of any computer viruses, trojan horses, worms, software bombs or similar items or processes arising from users’ use of the Web Site.
- The Hour Glass does not guarantee that any e-mails sent from the Web Site will be received by users or received by The Hour Glass if sent by users nor does The Hour Glass warrant the privacy and/or security of e-mails during Internet transmission.
- The Hour Glass controls and maintains the Web Site from the Republic of Singapore and The Hour Glass makes no representation that the material and information contained herein is appropriate or available for use in other locations/jurisdictions.
- Unless restricted by applicable law, users agree that any and all personal information/data relating to users collected by The Hour Glass from the Web Site from time to time may be used and disclosed in accordance with applicable Laws.
- In respect of any information or materials which users submit to The Hour Glass using the Web Site, users agree that such information or materials are non-proprietary and non-confidential and grant to The Hour Glass, companies within The Hour Glass group and its affiliates, a world-wide perpetual licence without charge to use such information or materials for any purpose it deems necessary, including without limitation, the copying, transmission, distribution, broadcast and publication thereof, unless restricted by applicable law. In addition, users hereby grant to The Hour Glass, companies within The Hour Glass group and its affiliates, a world-wide perpetual right to use, without any compensation to users, any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any information or materials submitted to The Hour Glass for any purpose whatsoever, including without limitation, developing, manufacturing, and marketing products using such information or materials. The Hour Glass shall also be entitled to make use of, to publish and to make available, in any way, any demographical and statistical data it collates from users’ usage of the Web Site.
- All users agree that The Hour Glass shall not be under any obligation of confidentiality to users regarding any such information or materials submitted to it using the Web Site unless agreed otherwise in a separate direct contract between users and The Hour Glass or as required by law.
- The Web Site may contain links to other web sites (the “Linked Web Sites”). The Linked Web Sites are not under the control of The Hour Glass and The Hour Glass is not responsible for the contents of any Linked Web Sites, including without limitation any link contained in a Linked Web Site, or any changes or updates to a Linked Web Site. The Hour Glass is not responsible for web casting or any other form of transmission received from any Linked Web Site. The Hour Glass is providing these links to users only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by The Hour Glass of the Web Site or any association with its operators. All users are responsible for viewing and abiding by the terms and conditions and other legal notices posted at the Linked Web Sites.
- These Terms and Conditions of Use are applicable to the Web Site, but not necessarily to other The Hour Glass Web Sites on the World Wide Web. When leaving the Web Site, please read any terms and/or guidelines of use applicable to such Web Sites to ensure users agree with the terms and/or guidelines of use applicable to that Web Site. The Hour Glass may terminate or suspend users’ access to and use of the Web Site at any time, without liability and for whatsoever reason or cause, without notice.
- The Hour Glass reserves the right in its discretion to modify without prior warning or notice these Terms and Conditions of Use and any information or material contained on the Web Site, including, without prejudice to the generality of the above, revisions, amendments, alteration of prices, withdrawals and discontinuations of any Product at any time and at the sole discretion of The Hour Glass or the participating merchants. All users agree that their continued use of the Web Site after such modification shall constitute an affirmative acknowledgement by users of the modifications and agreement by users to abide and be bound by such modifications. As such, The Hour Glass recommends and advises users to visit this web page to review the prevailing Terms and Conditions of Use on the Web Site.
- These Terms and Conditions of Use are governed by the laws of the Republic of Singapore and any dispute arising out of or in connection with it shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Singapore.
- If you do not agree with any of the above, please discontinue use of the Web Site.
Cookies are small files placed onto your computer by certain websites that you visit or e-mails that you open.
The personal data that we collect may include information about the way you use our website, your choice of Internet browser, the type of device you’re accessing our website from and where you are in the world.
You may refuse to accept cookies by changing the settings of your Internet browser. If you do not want cookies to be placed on your device, you can control this through your browser’s settings. Refer to the links below for each browser’s guide on how to turn off or delete cookies.
You’ll find more information on behavioural advertising and about deleting or controlling cookies at:
- If you’re in the EU: aboutcookies.org and youronlinechoices.eu
- If you’re in the US: networkadvertising.org and aboutads.info
Cookies allow our website to function at its most efficient, including but not limited to:
- Balancing website traffic to ensure all our users can enjoy consistent and reliable access
- Limiting traffic to key sections of our website to maintain consistent performance
Ease of use
Cookies make navigating our website easier for you, including but not limited to:
- Remembering your language and country preferences, and presenting relevant content
- Keeping track of your account information when you’ve logged in
Cookies are used to gather statistics on how you navigate and perform transactions on our website, including but not limited to:
- Gaining insights into how you navigate and perform transactions on our website so that improvements can be made
Cookies allow us to present appropriate marketing messages to you, including but not limited to:
- Allowing our website to serve up different versions of a page for marketing purposes
- Allowing third parties to display appropriate advertising to track its effectiveness
- Displaying relevant messages which offer a selection of products based on your viewing behaviour on our website and certain other websites
Online behavioural advertising
Online behavioural advertising is also known as interest-based advertising. It’s a way of serving advertisements that are more relevant to your interests on websites visited by you. Shared interests are grouped together based on your previous web browsing activity. This allows us to display advertising that is relevant and useful to you. Advertising can also be delivered to you based on the website content you’ve just been viewing. This is called retargeting.